Celebrity Interviews: http://www.bluntreview.com Blunterettes , I lead a truly strange life as film reviewer and celebrity interviewer Emily Blunt of BluntReview.com...this is true. In the a.m. it's off to interview a celeb, and by the afternoon, I am dining off The 99 Cent Store products, in the evening - it's gowns and petit fours among the "elite." Oh, this double-life that's mine. You wanna know what I'm up to? Sure, here you go.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Alice Cooper and Stewart Copeland? Yeppo.

There's a new documentary heading to theaters called Rock School - not to be confused with the Hollywood production: School of Rock - thank you very much. It's about an after school venue where young minds learn rock and roll music (review up next week at BluntReview.com).

So, last night my friend and I headed to the LA premiere...after the film everyone skadattled to the "after party" at The Knitting Factory. The Knitting Factory is a dive- circa 1983 cheapo rock hall- but it's cool when you're party "owns" the venue.

Tonight several of the talents in the documentary - and a kid name CJ who is simply a wiz/legend-in-the-making in particular - would be entertaining us with their lessons learned. It was - basically - a recital. BUT these kids don't learn 3 chord Beatle ballads at this school - they learn Black Sabbath, Metallica and when they reach a higher level - Zappa.

Okay - this is NOT my kinda music. Nadda interest. But, I do understand that as musicians it is the music (technically) that is harder to create and more soul herion(like Sashimi for a Sushi fan, or perhaps like Johnny Depp directed by Tim Burton - it puts them in a happier place mentally). And these Zappa songs especially, are truly fun for the player...not so much for the non-pharmaceutical popping listeners I am afraid (again -- I speak of ME). It just seems to be eight instruments playing four songs at two different beats to me. No offense to Zappa fans - I get it - truly - but don't dig it.

So, the rock school kids get up do a few pretty good standard metal covers - then Alice Cooper and Stewart Copeland join the youngsters on stage for 'School's Out For Summer." Alice looks EXACTLY the same...and Stewart looks like a cute Borders' Book employee all in khaki and those nerdy glasses and smart guy shag-cut (YUM). Then a weird thing happened though. As Alice turned the mic towards the group and begged the audience to sing the creepy lullaby chorus (..no more pencils ...no more teachers...) NO ONE sang! It was sad and hilarious at the very same time. I - of course - was waving and singing, nay bellowing, aloud in the back like my old 17 yr -old front row concert-going self.

After the song - we were done. The kids played on but my friend and I said, "You know this?"..."Me neither..." Meanwhile Zappa's Napoleon Murphy Brock was standing with us - he told us he "may be coaxed into playing...," but the PR folks just walked by him and the 20-something "White Stripes is the strangest "rock" they know" audience had no clue a legend walked among us - well for Zappa fans.

We'd had enough and exited stage left. I said to my friend, 'That was the lamest rock audience I have ever been in - they just STOOD there." He said, "Dear, it's Hollywood - no one wants to break out of the pose and show individuality - or godfabid sweat off their MAC make-up." Touche....touche.

I dropped him off and BLASTED true music (Streetcore by The Mescaleros & Joe Strummer - Review&Link) through the canyon on the way home.

And for those into '24'...did that ending ROCK or what. Though, didn't the CTU folks appear just a tad calm after the missile got hit in mid air -- basically over their heads? AND what was with the whole trying to kill Jack the hero deal? Argh. Well, as Keifer, err, Jack walked off into the sunset all I could hear was" everybody's talkin' at me...can't hear a word they're sayin'....just the echoes of my mind...."

We must now wait till January to revisit with the lad.

Support BluntReview.com - read and enjoy and click through our sponsor links and Amazon to buy stuff

34 Comments:

Blogger freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a air plane ticket cheap
It deals mostly with air plane ticket cheap plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

9:30 PM

 
Blogger freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a plane ticket to russia
It deals mostly with plane ticket to russia plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

10:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will bookmark this blog on speeding ticket Nice to see a different perspective. I have a similar blog here speeding ticket

7:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started a titleist golf blog

2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good volkswagen camper post!

2:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

11:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best place I have found for car mitsubishi part is car mitsubishi part

6:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love classic car dealer then you will want to be there! All kinds of classic car dealer will be in attendance. For more information go to classic car dealer
See Ya There!!

2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Check out 55 gallon reef aquarium

9:52 PM

 
Blogger Iravan said...

I would argue that Exit Traffic is actually one of the best forms of traffic generation. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a increase web traffic site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this golf course los angeles golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

3:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this myrtle beach golf golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

3:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been finding almost all of my kabuki sushi here

3:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would also check out jetta picture

7:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blast your Ad to 13,000+ Real Blog Sites!

7:32 PM

 
Blogger future93 said...

Excellent! I will be sure to bookmark this blog. Feel free to visit my humor tadela website at humor tadela

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Iravan said...

I would argue that Exit Traffic is actually one of the best forms of traffic generation. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a air traffic control site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Discover the automated power of the Affiliate Cash Vault! New fail-safe system virtually runs 100% on autopilot... Just set it and forget it!

Start Earning Money 15 Minutes From Now... HONESTLY!

Click Here

2:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, and will add it to "my favorites". I am new to blogging, but not new to car clubs. I have furnished custom made car badges to dozens of car clubs all over the country. I have a web site that I feel you will find both interesting and informative. Please pay me a visit when you have time.
**car clubs**michigan car club

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Iravan said...

I would argue that Exit Traffic is actually one of the best forms of traffic generation. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a local traffic site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:46 PM

 
Blogger Iravan said...

Weird. I always thought the Rettop Method was the best for generating traffic. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a traffic sign site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like sports cars, antique cars, classic cars, race cars oe Nascar, you will enjoy my web site.

I make, jewelry quality, custom car badges from your club's logo or design.

Please visit my web site at www.arnirbrown.com

Arnie Brown

**car club****car club*

9:45 PM

 
Blogger Lara May said...

You're right; Stewart IS yummy. Glad someone finally said it. /Love Lara
( blondecigarettes.blogspot.com )

3:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a chevy site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

2:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your chevrolet related blog site. I have a chevrolet related web site at chevrolet. If you're into chevrolet. You will want to check it out.

8:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a collector cars site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

11:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aussie match maker

4:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dating sims

7:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog!! I'm into target web site traffic and to drive traffic to my website I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites and blogs. This can see your affiliate commission shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.. Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.

12:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

9:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

9:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dating.com new

2:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]YvTavWHLWWTzX[/url] - QxLbr , http://hhmgziigpu.com

12:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]aGyULVWHVoYyZcqrI[/url] - XwLxsxmsZSeDi , http://pyfnknfrtw.com

6:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home