Celebrity Interviews: http://www.bluntreview.com Blunterettes , I lead a truly strange life as film reviewer and celebrity interviewer Emily Blunt of BluntReview.com...this is true. In the a.m. it's off to interview a celeb, and by the afternoon, I am dining off The 99 Cent Store products, in the evening - it's gowns and petit fours among the "elite." Oh, this double-life that's mine. You wanna know what I'm up to? Sure, here you go.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Hidden Truth...

Yeah, I watch American Idol....so what? A hip, well read, Clash fan completely involved like some weird high-school gal screaming at the screen. I admit it.

It's not my fault really - this year (my first season) it's on before 'House' - that brilliant show with mega-talent Hugh Laurie.

Hugh and I worked together in another life, long ago. I was a comedy-writing tadpole and he a bigtime London comedy star hosting "Saturday Live." SL was a blatant rip of "Saturday Night Live " at the BBC in London. He was one week's host, and very very funny, extremely sweet and smart. I met a ton of really wonderful talents in those short weeks - Ade Edmondson, Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French, Rik Mayall, Stephen Fry, Ben Elton...and Rowan Atkinson, who was a bit of a butt, and I was pre-warned by a few of the cooler folks. Mr. Bean was The Black Adder at the time and a very big arse indeed.

Still, I don't remember too much about those hard days of an American in London, but I do remember the show's set had (oddly) a commercial airplane crashing through it's studio wall - I never found that terribly funny. The host would "emerge" from the wreck and do their monologue. It looked so fake the whole point of, "The talent's plane was in such a rush to get here, it smashed into the studio!" effect was just lost onme , and frankly, stoo-pid. I was starving - perpetually - because I hated British food (eeeerrrrr)That is until I discovered the varieties of Scottish Salmon the market kept. Insta-Nirvana. I kept my collection of cured and smoked treatskis on a string, hung out out my Kensington hotel-for-interns window (to refrigarate it). Oh, and Guiness. Yum...and a favorite to this day (drank w/ a straw...it gets you drunker faster;) )These are my memories...

But, back to my dark obsession. So, I confess to a childhood friend - my ultra-cool NY friend who is too cool for December, expecting some riffing about becoming homogenized, and she's suddenly warms like a spring morn, "What are you kidding? I tape it religiously! I can NOT miss it. What's with that McFatty Scott any way- he must have a lot of friends voting. He can't sing and he's repulsive." And off we go gossiping like two little old ladies at the local recreation hall, whispers and catty chatting...ripping the contestants apart one-by-one as if we could do any better- hehehehe.

I concurred that the Scott guy's really a Jabbywocky Jabba who continually seems to slither into the next round. Is it a bathroom-break deal? Folks don't hear him- is he like a dog whistle to the masses? I said, "So, what exactly is he anyway? Latino?' She laughs and says , "No he's plain old white homeboy and speaks with that urking street talk wannabe jargon so popular among the low pant wearin' kids these days - like an ass." I reminded her of Vince Vaughn in "Be Cool." ALMOST worth the $192.00 dollars it takes to see a film these dayz. Oh, how we laughed at oddly dull rotunda's expense. Hey, if he were actually talented we'd have been kind. PITCHY - the guy is just horrific on so very many levels. Ya he's PITCHY - like a weable. Hahahaha.

So, tonight they through off Constantine? Um, I am confused. Granted if I had to watch Connie smirk-pout through one more rock and roll circus I was going to lose my mind. The Queen interpretation he did a couple of weeks ago was very cool-- but that eye wink pouty thing - which my dog does when he wants a round-of-love with a close-at-hand pillow? That was growing wafer thin. Smarm and charm....now how'd he do that?

My vote? Vonzell and Bo. They'll both get a contract at this point anyway I suppose - but they are the American dream. Bo is just so sweet man. Von shows signs of a Diva in making. The whole "won't speak on Tuesdays" deal? Um , people that's a tad Whitney/Barbara-esque....BUT she's good and I suppose folks will over look that demon lurking just behind the beautiful mask...

**** New Contest at http://www.bluntreview.com ******** HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE Stuff

42 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hi there,
You're post has inspired me to confess my own truth. I too, am addicted to 'American Idol', and 'House' for that matter. I am so glad they booted Constantine, that pouting was getting extremely annoying. I also wish they would get rid of Scott, he just...can't sing!
Oh and I mustn’t forget about 'House'. I love that show, and you are absolutely right, Hugh is exceptionally talented.
I also read your post about 'Crash'. I have been visiting BluntReview.com lately to see if you reviewed Crash yet, and I stumbled upon your delightful blog. I am glad to see you liked, or should I say, loved it. I will be first in line at my theater on May 6th, that’s for sure!

9:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Sarah! Nice note. I should have the Crash review up by end of the week-- it's been busy. Also, an interview w/ Don Cheadle frrom the film:)

You should order Meaningless at CD baby by Jon Brion-- he produced Elliott Smith and ;like-- every other note that's mattered in the last five years;)

Talk soon- and viv la Bo
Hehehehe

1:04 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey,
Thanks for your speedy reply :) Oh, I will be eagerly looking forward to yout Don Cheadle interview! I saw Hotel Rwanda a few weeks ago; he was amazing. I've seen him in a lot of things, that man can do any accent. It's almost scary haha.

Oh, I took a look and Jon Brian's "Meaningless" and listened to some samples. Sounds great! I'll definately be ordering it. Oh by the way, does he compose soundtracks too? I knew I recognized his name, then I realised that a Jon Brion composed the Magnolia soundtrack. I hope it's the same person :)

Anyways, thanks again for the speedy reply.

*waves* viv la vonzell, in spite of her weird non-speaking coment ;)

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Emily Blunt said...

Howfy

Don Cheadle is indeed remarkable! Such a talent.
Jon Brion, speaking of talent, has indeed scored for films-- that's how I "discovered" him. He did Eternal Sunshine Huckabees etc etc. You read the interview at BluntReview.com in Interviews- he's really talented. Huckabees is an immediate purchase. It's odd tinkly music and heart felt songs.
Gotta run....There's a link on the Huckabees soundtrack review (in the Music section) it'll save you some dough.

Best!

Em

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man, now I feel like a complete idiot. I had the Eternal Sunshine Soundtrack sitting on my desk (right in front of my face no doubt) and I didn't even notice. Wow, I guess I need to start drinking coffee! :P

Sarah *please oh please boot Scott tomorrow!*

2:28 PM

 
Blogger milfcritic said...

free adult personals

8:55 PM

 
Blogger freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a chicago airport
It deals mostly with chicago airport plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Secret Confession

7:36 AM

 
Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a airline inexpensive ticket
It deals mostly with airline inexpensive ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some food allergy research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out food allergy

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Jim Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some educational toy for kid research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out educational toy for kid

8:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Dog Coats** site/. It pretty much covers the sale of custom made dog coats.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a coat dog pattern sew site. It pretty much covers ##Coats for Dogs## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

5:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a pc repair los angeles site. It pretty much covers ##PC Repair## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

7:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gold enamel charm site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:27 PM

 
Blogger Nosey said...

Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here auction genie get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising auction genie

8:03 PM

 
Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a better sex life related website, hope that it is useful to you

2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nice posts i added you to my bookmarks

Just wanted to say everything you posted was a good read.
Its nice too see that some people create decent and entertaining blogs, yours kept me reading for well over 10 minutes.

Thanks!

6:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.

6:54 PM

 
Blogger unixlinux said...

Nice blog. Check out my stray cat blog.

10:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.

2:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**Christmas**

3:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lewisville volkswagen post!

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about accordion music
. You can check it out at accordion music


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

11:02 AM

 
Blogger . said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a farmer insurance blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

4:18 PM

 
Blogger tipsonrelationships said...

This is a terrific blog on my chemical romance official site
. My site on my chemical romance official site
is also a great place to get some valuable information. Stop by when you get a sec....

Thanks

11:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good resource here. I would also link to auto transport company

2:09 AM

 
Blogger aajkal22 said...

Heay There is new site regarding **Term Life Insurance Quote** It will educated you regard insurance please click **Term Life Insurance Quote** Compare term life insurance quote

8:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like miniature dog you may very well like this site miniature dog

5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with no damage to your business’ budget whatsoever.

8:27 PM

 
Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

1:49 AM

 
Blogger cmeltifa said...

Saaaweet blog! Do the chickens have large talons? Sorry for Napolean Dynamite quote but I am in a awesome mood today. Also I love to see blogs that are very useful and your blog falls right into that catergory. I took the time to add you to my favorites. Hey you might want to do the same for I update my website with new articles and data monthly. Blah, maybe you don�t! Anyways, have a great day and again AWESOME blog! Again, thanks from massage therapy school colorado.

7:57 AM

 
Anonymous Foot Bath Array said...

Cool blog.

Sincerely,

June
Foot Bath Array

6:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative blog. I found everything I needed here. Great content! national certification for massage therapy

8:19 PM

 
Anonymous Libra Litrou said...

This is a neat blog with lots of interesting stuff in it.

Sincerely,

June
Libra Litrou

11:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

albanian personals

7:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

google personals

4:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.watiti.com

Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

http://www.watiti.com

8:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.watiti.com

Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

http://www.watiti.com

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.watiti.com

Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

http://www.watiti.com

4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home